First general meeting to get everyone on the page and get some game started.
The Players: Jason, Tim, Aileen, Benjamin
Some brief talk of cities had everyone agree Atlanta would be the best place to start the game. City creation, a few theme ideas shot out, and quick game overview were covered.Many ideas and themes and aspects for the game were briefly thrown out. As they stand now, below, is what we like. Players are encouraged to disagree and find other options that work better. Still other themes and threats may work better latter as well.
Atlanta sits as the historic crossroads of the south, whether colonial transit, the highway system, or the airline hub – lots of folks be travellin’ through. Taking this supernaturally speaking, and considering how the ley lines must add up, the city is a hub between the many worlds, mortal-mundane to supernatural-nevernever – Atlanta is decidedly AT THE CROSSROADS.
The Summer Court’s hold of the city has been heating things up to problematic levels. Whether bureaucratic in nature, or the slow-simmer of summer laziness, nothing is moving as fast as it probably should. Everyone’s feeling STUCK IN TRAFFIC.
Threats:This year’s been hot, even for the south. The current balance of power favors the Summer Court, which has been turning things up a notch. They’re doing quite well, to the chagrin of the other groups of the city, and having noticed, are becoming antsy at the continuation of their stranglehold. As such, the other lesser factions in the city are starting to boil up in defiance and it’s GETTING TOO HOT IN HERE.
We listed a bunch of possible locations to flesh out the rest of the city, just to get ideas flowing and started. Final location sheet pending.Location – possible faces/factions/threats
- Virginia Highlands – puppetmaster / vampire feeding grounds
- Dresden Forest – fae
- Little Five Points – Minor Talents league
- Stone Mountain – shaman stronghold / deep hidden/protected artifact
- Aquarium – Summer Court stronghold (vs. Winter Court)
- Botanical Gardens (and Piedmont Park) – ley lines spot (optional Summer Court stronghold)
- Old 4th Ward – Wizard/Warden Office(s)
- Cabbage Town/Oakland Cemetery – Werewolf den
- Midtown – corporate/mafia stronghold w/ WCV stronghold, growth
- Buckhead – mafia RCV stronghold, decline
- Freedom Park – high weirdness, neutral ground?
- Carter Center – neutral ground
- Westview Cemetery
- Tillford Tracks
- Land Trust – Ritual Druids/Shamans
- Marta stations – weirdos
- Lake Linear
- Appalacian Trail & Head – leys
- Chattahoochee river
- Indian Temple – yogis
- Ethnic neighborhoods
- Georgia Tech
- Georgia State
- Agnes Scot College – handfull of wiccans and true-believers
- Clark Unviversity
- Military Forts
- Fort McPherson
- Fort Gillem